It's time for Glitterfest Spring 2012!

It seems like ever since I made my Steampunk Time Machine last Spring, time has been flying like crazy! Really! February is over! It's just crazy! Fellow Artist and Business Partner Tara Wilson and I have been busy hunting for vintage treasure for our joint venture Serendipity Salvage. Now for those of you that don't know, Serendipity Salvage was born out of necessity. We were both spending hours hunting for vintage gems to use in our own jewelry and art creations, so we decided to share the "extra" finds with fellow creators! Don't get me wrong -Serendipity Salvage has tons of fantastic rare vintage finds, but I'm not gonna lie- we typically cherry pick the rare finds we are dying over to use in our own work. You don't want to miss Glitterfest this Spring! All of these one of a kind focal pieces and parts have made it into my creations! My soldering iron and micro torch have been working overtime :) I have been test wearing my jewelry items and well, I'm kinda forming attachments to most of them! It will be hard to see them go, but I know they are getting a good home with Glitterfest Patrons. It's only 10 more days until this fabulous event! If you have never been to Glitterfest, it is a sight to see! I am so excited to share what I have come up with and see what all of my fellow artist have come up with. They never cease to amaze me!


This time around I drew inspiration from Art Nouveau Artist Alphonse Mucha. I love the intricate designs and layering. His attention to small details is just amazing!

La Primavera and La Plume by Alphonse Mucha

I LOVE the small details! I like to put all kinds of small twists and turns or layers in my pieces that you may not notice at 1st glance. I have noticed when have shown some of my new creations to my friends that they miss some of the little things I have hidden with in my work. I tend to get bored easily, so I like when a piece of art has something different to offer when I look at it over time. There was also recently a scrapbook paper line that altered some of Mucha's art. This paper is beautiful and it got my wheels turning. My goal was to translate these ideas into a more 3D interpretation. It's all about the layers!
So this time for Glitterfest Spring I have run with this Mucha meets Industry theme in my art and jewelry designs and I am really excited to share it with you! See you March 10, 2012 from 10-4 at the Elks Lodge in Santa Ana. Check out Glitterfest.com for all the details! Sheryl and Diane of Whimzy put in hours of hard work to make this event spectacular! Come on down and support your local art community!
Happy Creating!
Crystal