New friends and new perspective!

It has been crazy over here kids! Three big shows 3 weekends in a row! The Pasadena Bead and Design Show,  Scottsdale, AZ Art Unraveled and Concord, CA for the Bead and Boutique Show! 

 

I am finally home and settled. When I got back from Concord, CA, it was my Birthday!  I have spent the last week restocking, re-cooperating and celebrating! I have so much to share with you. I had the most amazing time. I made so many new friends and connections. I am always amazed by how lucky I am to meet so many incredible people along the way.  I guess we will start in Pasadena...

My good friends, Renee and Heather, were sweet enough to help me this time in Pasadena. I was revisited by so many familiar faces and so many new ones! Sometimes I get stuck at home in my Etsy bubble I forget how much I love getting out and exchanging ideas with all of you. I learn so much every time and I get so inspired. All I want to do is rush back to my studio and create. I have finally learned to write down these flashes of inspiration in my notebook so I can refer back to it when I finally do get back in the studio. One of the first faces I saw was Therese Magnani. She is an amazing seed bead artist who was also deeply taken with my dear friend Melanie Doerman's work. We were not fortunate enough to me until after Melanie had passed. It still blows my mind how many incredible people who's paths I have crossed because of Melanie. She sends angels my way all the time and Therese is no exception. She makes beautiful meticulous seed bead jewelry. She often incorporates cameos, which I hold a personal affinity for dating back to childhood digging through my Grandmother's jewelry box. She has also a Etsy shop DG Enterprises (Domestic Goddess) and is always creating something special! Please check it out...






I always have a ball with all the vendors! This time I had a moment to speak with PMC Artist, Christi Anderson. Anyone that knows me knows that she is speakin' my language! Ravens, Key holes, Doors, Cathedral windows...incredible work! I thought I was crazy about details- she is just taking it to a whole new level! I just had to grab a new pendant for myself! (which is a rare treat- I'm bad about buying things for me but I couldn't resist!) Please have a peak at her award winning line Elemental Adornments...



This is the Door pendant I choose. Appropriately enough without knowing what I chose, it is her Greek door and I am Greek. The reverse is a Turkish Door. One of my best friends Danielle Hebert is living in Turkey for the next few months. We were just saying because of Facebook it feels like she is just next door! Meant to be or what?!!!
So I left Pasadena and a few short days later I was in Arizona! I love the desert- always have, so I didn't mind the drive. I decided last minute to vend at Art Unraveled's Shopping Extravaganza! It is here I finally caught up with one of my Artistic heros, Michael deMeng! He was too nice and recognized me from Facebook :) I admit I was a litle star struck! Check out his amazing work here...

I adore reading his blog and watching how he makes the seemingly mundane into the extraordinary. I ran into so many people that shopped me in Tucson including Lisa Pavelka-who is just a doll! I also made friends with some of the coolest neighbors a girl could hope for! I love it when we all help each other and we all are successful. It was a whirlwind event! I will be back next year and hopefully will have time to take a class or two! This time, I had to hit the road. Concord was just a few days away and to be perfectly honest I was running out of stuff! I got home and made as much as I could before heading north. 

In Concord, I continued to have fun as I always do at shows! I was thrilled so many sweet people that shopped me last time made a special trip back in hopes I would be there. I made friends with some other vintage vendors and got some sound advice from a bead veteran or two! Carol of Benicia Beads is so my people lol! We were sending people back and forth between our booths and combining our treasures to make new creations. We had so much fun! If you are in Northern CA be sure to stop into her shop! She has scores of cool unusual bits and pieces!

On my way home I stopped to visit a dear friend. We relaxed,  ate amazing food, and talked for hours and hours. The conversation unexpectedly became life changing. It's incredible what kind of impact a slight shift in perspective can have on you. I feel so happy, grateful, and positive. I know I am doing exactly what I am supposed to be beyond a shadow of a doubt. Everyday I wake up expecting miracles and everyday my expectations are exceeded beyond my wildest dreams. I am a lucky girl to get to share my gifts and learn so much from others! Good big things are in the works! I will let you all know as soon as I have more details. In the meantime, I have a few local shows...


Bead Gallery in San Diego Sept 6th-8th 
AND
Garden of Beaden in Upland Sept 13th-15th 

I hope to see you all soon! Until we meet again... stay positive, stay inspired and keep making great art!

Sparkle on!
Crystal